Debris Box Program
Construction - Remodeling - Demolition
Recology San Bruno is the exclusive franchised debris box hauler for San Bruno. Please read the Construction and Demolition (C&D) Recycling Ordinance documentation. Our service area also includes all of San Mateo County (excluding those cities with exclusive franchises).
San Bruno Residents call us before 10:00am and get same day service of your debris box, guaranteed.
Available Debris Box Sizes
|Dirt, Rock, Concrete Box
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR ALL CONTAINERS
- Please read the Notice of Exclusive Contract!
- No hazardous waste, toxic materials automotive parts, explosives, fuel, oil, paints, solvents, chemicals, asbestos, tires, refrigerators, computer monitors or televisions.
- Materials must be evenly distributed and can not exceed the rim of the box.
- Construction & demolition: ordinance assistance available, ask for details.
- Additional charges may apply to boxes remaining on site for more than seven days.
Contact us for more information on rates, delivery, or to order
Notice Of Exclusive Contract - For Hauling & Disposal Services
To Contractors and Property Owners
The city of San Bruno has an exclusive contract with Recology San Bruno to provide debris boxes to local businesses and residents. The rates charged are negotiated and set by the city of San Bruno. Recology San Bruno is licensed, insured, and carries performance bonds in the full amounts required by the city. Recology San Bruno pays a franchise fee for the privilege of being the city's exclusive hauler. These funds go into the city's General Fund account and are used at their discretion.
Please make sure you are informed on the current rules and regulations concerning recycling and disposal of construction or demolition waste from properties in San Bruno. This will help you to avoid costly mistakes and code violation penalties when dealing with subcontractors and haulers.
No other hauler may provide debris or recycling box service to any property unless the hauler is:
- The construction contractor working at the site who owns and hauls their own box or truck as an incidental part of their services to the property owner (common with roofing contractors and landscapers);
- or a recycling hauler providing all services at no charge, separating materials (i.e. a box of metal or box of wood), and possessing both a franchise and business license with the city (currently no haulers except Recology San Bruno are so licensed);
- or the property owner (self-haul).
Using any hauler other than Recology San Bruno violates city codes 10.20.050 and 10.22.050.
Boxes come in a variety of sizes and most boxes are placed on the street. For rates, information or to place an order for a debris box, please contact Recology San Bruno, by calling (650) 583-8536, or by using our online contact form.
|Recology San Bruno||Debris Boxes / Customer Service||8:00am - 5:00pm||(650) 583-8536|
|City of San Bruno||Community Development||*See Below||(650) 616-7074|
Community Development Hours of Operation:
|Monday, Tuesday, and Friday:||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||8:00am to 12:00pm (noon)|
|Thursday:||8:00am to 7:00pm|